Latest Event Updates
We are pleased to host SpeedCon again on Saturday, October 22, 2016, from 9am-3pm at Tompkins Hall on NC State’s North Campus.
We are sad to report that SpeedCon 2015 will not happen. We hope to revive SpeedCon: An UnConference on Communication in the future.
We’re happy to announce that we have set a date for next spring’s SpeedCon event. Please come join us Saturday, February 21st, 2015!
We’re hoping to be back on NC State’s campus but at this point we are still working to confirm location information. Please check back.
Below are links to several of the presentations that we had on Saturday. If you presented and you wouldn’t mind adding your slides/documentation here please send us your info! Thanks again to everyone who presented at SpeedCon 2014!
Another SpeedCon in the books and it was a good one! We had a bunch of great presentations including two highly entertaining keynotes, and a yummy lunch and sweet door prizes provided by our vendors. Thanks again to everyone who came out and helped make SpeedCon 2014 possible, whether by presenting, sponsoring, or just being there to take it all in. We’re so grateful!
Two follow-up items to address. If you were a presenter and you had some slides or some helpful notes that you wouldn’t mind sharing please email them to us (Sarah Egan Warren or Jen Riehle) so we can add them to the website. We’d like to make these resources available for anyone who’s interested!
We also love to get feedback on our event. What worked, what didn’t, what was missing, what did you totally love?? We’ve made our evaluation available online; please go fill it out and give us some thoughts on what to aim for next year!
Thanks again to all our participants and we look forward to seeing you again next year!
11:00am: Schedule published (Auditorium)
11:15am: Session 1
- Pecha Kucha (T&V)
- DITA for Three (Creativity South)
- Guitars & Neon Signs: Musician Work in the Digital Era (Creativity North)
12:00pm: Session 2
- Effective Video Planning and Design for Web-based Learning (T&V)
- What Makes Communication Work in a Crisis (Creativity South)
- Interview Techniques (Creativity North)
12:30-1:45pm: FREE Lunch and Networking at The Oval
1:45: Session 3
- Making Arguments: How to Better Prepare New Writers (T&V)
- Peer Grading — Running a MOOC — Learning Analytics and Data Visualizations (Creativity South)
2:30pm: Session 4
- Inforgraphics! (T&V)
- Fork, Pull, Push: Collaboration with Github (Creativity South)
- Blindspot: Cognitive Science for Public Officials (Creativity North)
3:15pm: Session 5
- Fundamentals of Communication – in Online Dating (T&V)
- Technical Communication in Agile Environments (Creativity South)
- The CZC Bubble & its Extension Through Social Media (Creativity North)
4:00pm: Door Prizes and Closing Session from Dr. Wade Newhouse (Auditorium)